Other Services I offer
It sometimes happens that I am asked to provide professional advice and help with respect to a child or parent’s circumstances where an assessment or a specific intervention is requested. I cannot replace a solicitor or legal representative. However, I can give advice regarding factors which might be affecting a child’s welfare and development. I am well placed to provide this since I have worked for many years within local authority children and family services and also practiced as an ABE trained child protection social worker. I have also worked with children and young people who are looked after and cared for outside their family homes.
Within my professional capacity I can provide assessments which include the following:
- Parenting assessments. (I am a qualified PAMS Assessor)
- Independent welfare assessments.
- Fostering assessments
- Specialist Adoption support to children and their parents.
- Assistance to families and children who are involved in welfare disputes
- Support during contact and assessments between separated parents and their children
- Psychotherapy and clinical support when directed by the court or statutory agencies.
- I can assist solicitors when there are disputes which need to be resolved in the best interests of children. I have many years’ experience preparing court reports and giving evidence in court proceedings.
- There are also occasions when I am asked to assess contact between parents or carers in order to better understand their relationships and where children are experiencing the trauma of parental separation.
- I speak fluent Spanish and have lived and worked in multicultural environments which enable me to understand the need for cultural sensitivity.
- I believe firmly in working together with other professionals, the child’s family and community when there are risks for the safety of children. In my work as an experienced social worker and therapist I understand the need for sensitivity and getting the balance right between confidentiality and different points of view regarding children’s welfare.
- My experience as a qualified Psychotherapist means I can ensure the views of children are clearly represented when this is unclear to everyone involved in a child or children’s lives.